DISCOVER HOW TO BUILD THE RETAIL STORE
“Don’t ever give up"
WHAT YOU'LL DISCOVER IN THIS INTERVIEW
- How to build successful partnership
- How Rachel got into retail – listen her impressive story
- How planning is important for your business
- How to plan out your business journey with your business partner
- Learn Rachel’s biggest marketing strategy for her store
- When it comes to cash-flow learn few tips from Rachel based on her experience
- When your partner takes a large break how you can organize your business
- How to organize money and expenses with your business partner
Seven years ago I was bit by the brick and mortar bug. I was managing a small boutique so I was starting to understand the process and I had met someone that I knew would be a good business partner. Most importantly, I had an idea for a shop that I felt would stand out and that would add value to my neighborhood.
When my business partner Meredith and I got serious and finished writing our business plan, what emerged was a lingerie boutique that made shopping for underthings a not-terrible thing to do. So many of our friends had awful, even traumatic experiences when shopping for bras, (knowing that something fits correctly isn’t a knowledge that we’re born with!) and we wanted to make the process easy, fun and empowering.
In 2010, we took the leap and opened what is now our pride and joy,